How to Prep Your Planner for the New Year | Inkwell Press Disc Planner
The new year is just two weeks away and now's the perfect time to get the basics down in your planner before January 1!
I like to keep it super simple when I'm prepping my planner for the year ahead. I focus on the basics and the big things I know are for sure happening! Once you get the major things down you can get the details in as you prep for each quarter and/or month.
This planner prep is all about logistics and events NOT goal setting. When it comes to setting my goals for the new year, I start with a Year End Reflection and then dive into what I want to achieve in the new year (Annual Goal Setting Video coming soon).
I break my prep into categories as follows:
- Note irregular bills (ie biannual car insurance)
- Note when to check & rebalance your investments
- Note Tax Day & quarterly tax due dates if applicable
- Determine and note your savings deposit schedule
- Important Dates
- Personal (holidays, birthdays)
- School Schedules
- Sports Schedules
- Hair appointments
- Doctor's appointments
- Important tasks (ie changing contacts, ordering meds, etc)
- Projects (home improvements, landscaping, etc)
- Chores (quarterly chores like cleaning oven, changing air filters, etc)
When it comes to planning your year, think big picture and major things that you need to base your months, weeks and days around. It's okay if you don't remember everything, just add as you go. Also sticky notes are a great way to tentatively plan travel, events and more!
Annual Planning Must Haves:
- Month Labels
- Birthday Labels
- Holiday Labels
- Bill Due Flags
- Bill Due Corner
- Quarterly Chores
- Monthly Dividable Washi
While I used my 2020 Inkwell Press Disc Planner, this annual planner prep checklist/system is a great place to start as you get ready for the new year no matter what planner you use!
*this post contains affiliate links. If you use our link to purchase we do get a small commission and greatly appreciate the support