How to Effectively Plan Your Month
Taking time at the end of the current month to prep for the upcoming month can help you with reducing stress, eliminate over-scheduling and set you up for success! In my latest video I share with you my monthly checklist for prepping my planner every month. I breakdown each life category and all the tasks within that category to ensure as best I can I don't miss a thing.
- Appointments & Events
- Mark/Note all time based task
- Note deadlines and due dates
- Special Occasions
- Note Birthdays, Anniversaries and Holidays
- Block out any time for travel related to these occasions
- Note gifts to buy, cards to send, event details
- Schedules (for you & your family)
- Note monthly or quarterly chores
- Note projects to complete
- Write down 1-3 goals
- Write down weekly actions steps you are committed to in your weekly spreads
- Pick 1-3 habits to work on/tracker (ideally one 1 that is new)
- Schedule habits if not a daily habit
- Set up habit tracker system
- Pay bills
- Update books
- Monthly reports
- Content planning
- Schedule/prep any sales or promotions
- Prep for launches
- Schedule/note meetings
- List of people you need to call, email, etc.
- List of things you need to remember to buy
While this process is unique to each person's lifestyle, most of these tasks are things we all need to get done monthly. And this list is not in any specific order so you will need to adjust the order based on your life & priorities.
My goal is to create a monthly dashboard that breaks down this process, so you can start each month of ready to succeed! In the meantime I hope this post, list and video are helpful in giving you a head start to planning each month.