2021 Midyear Goal Check-In
Can you believe we are already halfway through 2021?! This year is flying by! And since we are heading into the second half of the year I thought now was a good time to share some tips of doing a midyear goal check-in with you!
First an update in my goal setting....
Well, honestly I haven't been using the goal setting features of my planner at all! At first I felt totally guilty about it and was kinda beating myself up. But then I realized I just don't need that part of my planner right now. While I still have annual and longer term goals, the process of breaking those big goals down to monthly goals and weekly action steps isn't essential in my life right now. And despite opting out of traditional goal setting I'm still truckin' way on my goals piece by piece.
I'm still focused on my Top 3 areas of Homestead, Community and Finances. This streamlined approach keeps me focused on what is truly important to me right now. And without writing a bunch of stuff down I have made tons of progress in these areas. I guess the moral of the story is goal setting looks different for everyone and sometimes we need our goal planner & sometimes we don't.
Okay so now onto the tips for a Midyear Goal Check-in...
- Review your Annual Goals. Head back to where you wrote down your annual goals for 2021 and take a few minutes to review and read through them.
- Ask yourself, "Are all these goals still important to me?". This will help you decide if what you started the year focusing on still truly matters.
- For the goals that are still important to you ask yourself...
- Am I on track?
- On a scale of 1-10 (10 being I'm crushing it) how much progress have I made?
- Am I happy with the effort I've put in and the progress I've made?
- If you are off track...what has gotten in my way and what can I do to work on overcoming those obstacles?
- Make needed adjustments. Don't be afraid to let go of goals, tweak them, pivot, etc. Reaching your goals, the truly important ones, is about being committed AND flexible!
- Rate the first half of 2021. You can use a 1-10 scale, a word, saying, etc. Find a way to capture your thoughts & feelings on the first 6 months of this year to help you get clear on where you are and where you want to go next.
- Prep for the second half. Okay I know looking 6 months ahead for many of us (myself included much of the time) is tough, but stop and think about...
- Where do I want to be by the end of 2021?
- How do I want to feel about my life and goals as I move forward?
- How do I want to show up in the second half of 2021?
- How will I overcome anything standing in the way of my goals?
- What resources and support do I need to enlist to reach my 2021 goals?
- If I could do ONE thing the next 6 months to make this year and my life the best it can by I would _____.
So there you have it an update on my goal setting situation, some tips and prompts for a midyear check-in and things to think about as you look ahead to the second half of this year. Remember you don't have to write any of this down, journal or use your planner - simply find some quiet time to think (and of course if writing or using your planner works for you do that!).
I hope you had a great first half of 2021 and the second half of this year brings you happiness, joy and success! Head over to our Facebook Group to share your success, get support and talk planners!